Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Physical labor

Most people who do physical labor do not need to go to the gym. I am a desk jockey, except for today, when I was cleaning two cubicles of files. They are in order now... from 80000 to 87000. They weren't all there, but by the end of the day it felt like it. Numbers are easy when you have a system. I definitely have a system. It helped that the person before me, first, put most of them in order. That really helped. Second, I was able to stack them by number and then order those numbers. Paper files, some 2 inches thick made for a tough time and a definite workout on the arms. Halfway through the day I started getting sore from my workout at the gym the day before. I may lift on friday but I am doing a 10K on Saturday. Straight up walking, pushing a stroller through downtown Richmond.

Those who do physical labor are to be commended. it is hard work. I used to do it years ago. I am not afraid to do it and so I do it. It was tackled and overcome, especially with the knowledge that we will be moving these files out of the cubicles by FRIDAY and they may as well be straight to make packing and moving easier. I will dress down again tomorrow.

I relish the opportunity to think about the process of how we do it and come up with some ideas. we have the need to keep files from their date of last use, not the date they were closed out of the system. eesh. It will take some doing to figure it out.

Meanwhile, on the homefront, tomorrow is my hubby's birthday and we are going out to dinner, just the two of us. Shocking. We might have to find a place with cloth napkins... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment