Sunday, July 4, 2010

Late night snacks

No, not for me.

I am up at this ungodly hour due to feeding my child, who has decided to have just one more snack before nodding off. We have been up for a while due to the cluster feedings that she has been doing at least once a day... this one came during the dark hours.

I have been battling a headache for 2 days now. It was a full blown migraine last night and now it is the bruise of a headache with lovely minor flashes. I have to drink more water.

So now at 4:09 am when she is finally getting to sleep and I have downed 20 oz of water, the gnawing hunger comes, a by-product of producing milk... great now I have the lovely cow images in my head. As much as I would like to refrain from eating in the middle of the night, it is a necessity... I usually have to eat every 3-4 hours... something. So my snack is almonds. It is my favorite snack. nutrient rich and calorically dense. It only takes a few.

I am not going to freak out about the fact that my 20th High School Reunion is less than a week away and I look like crud. I will get my hair done and I will wear some decent clothes. As much as I wish I could have worked on my lovely body the best I have been able to do has been to lose the weight I put on since I discovered I was pregnant.

All I really want to do is exercise and get some tone back in my body. Yes as much as lean and mean sounds good, it is not my goal right now. How about walking a couple of miles with the stroller. But being up at 4am doesn't help. It is part and parcel of this part of baby-life. It makes it difficult to accomplish anything during the day, like getting into the shower and getting new clothes on. I am glad I have 8 more weeks to figure this out.

OK, time to go back to bed and attempt more sleep. Here's hoping MM does wake up... again. 3 hours would be nice and I am eating into it by blogging. Sleep... sleep. Sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment