Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Back from Mommyland

For the last two weeks I have been a human milk machine and keeping a young one alive from the outside of my body rather than the inside.

Em was born on June 6th because I actually wanted my doc to do it and she was fantastic. I was smart about it as well. I asked to be induced on a Sunday while she was on duty, it was quiet and she was there almost the entire time, unheard of in L&D. I got my epidural. My doctor said I made it look to easy. 3 very big pushes and she was out! The pressure was not fun, but it was fine. It got me where I needed to be. My 17 year old niece was there and got to cut the cord.

Now, two weeks later, I am back below my pre-pregnancy weight. I was retaining a LOT of water. My feet look halfway normal. Now the quest will begin to find a way to exercise with a 2 week old. Not sure how we will do that, but we'll try.

Coffee is brewing and I have the new Evanovich novel to finish and get back to the library. MM is home today due to a sick babysitter. This day should be interesting. I told MM we are going to Target and she wanted to get dressed immediately. First time for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment